The closest before we’ve ever gotten to anything like this was the War of 1812. 208 years ago when the British burned the capital.
These actions fits the literal definition of terrorism.
Thanks for the photo idea Esme!
Hello All! I've just returned from a trip to Gerogetown University and have countless photos to go through. It was a great experience a...
For posterity, Greta, I just want to add how proud your mother and I are of your "woke-ness." You truly care about this stuff and I hope you find a fulfilling career that lets you do some good in the world. Lord knows we need more of that. I kind of wish you knew me before you were born, when I was walking in those citadels of power and doing my small part to educate and inform the citizenry at various national media jobs. It was heady stuff, but given where the country is 15 years later, I'm not sure we did a very good job of creating better informed citizens!
ReplyDelete